Cancer Care in Denmark
For the last 20 years, Denmark has achieved significant results for Danish cancer patients. Cancer plans and cancer patient pathways have been an important factor the burden of cancer continues to grow, with even more cancer patients and new challenges. The five-year survival rate for cancer in Denmark lacks behind neighboring countries such as the Nordics – primarily due to differences in lifestyle, timely detection and early diagnosis.
All.Can Denmark’s goal is to create a national multi-stakeholder group consisting of key players in the field of cancer care, with its participants working together to identify barriers and suggest potential solutions. All.Can Denmark is a national task force with a global outlook that continuously turns to the other All.Can initiatives around the world for inspiration.
The All.Can Denmark Initiative
All.Can Denmark is a multi-stakeholder initiative consisting of key players in the field of cancer care: Experts, organizations, patient associations and decision makers.
The overall aim of All.Can Denmark is to create better conditions and sustainable cancer care for Danish cancer patients by prioritizing and launching initiatives that improve cancer treatment.
In 2020 and 2021, the group will be focusing on early diagnosis. All.Can Denmark’s ambition is to set the agenda within cancer care by creating a strong interdisciplinary multi-stakeholder group within cancer care by combining visions, research and day-to-day experience.
The multi-stakeholder group meets two to three times a year to discuss challenges, opportunities and possible initiatives such as roundtable discussions, conferences, webinars etc. to set the agenda in the field of cancer care for the sake of Danish cancer patients.
All.Can Denmark consists of a number of key players in the field of cancer: Experts, organizations, patient associations and decision makers.
- Videos of All.Can Denmark members: The launch of two short films in which members of All.Can Denmark highlight the main issues within cancer care in Denmark
- Digital event: A digital event presenting the key findings from the multi-stakeholder group and regional innovation meetings to key opinion leaders, experts, decision makers and other interested parties, to take place in spring 2021
- Can Denmark launch: The first meeting of All.Can Denmark took place on September 30
- Regional innovation meetings: Two meetings where central stakeholders gathered to discuss some of the discussions and topics addressed by the network in depth
- Animated film: The launch of a short, animated film explaining the purpose of All.Can and All.Can Denmark
- Can Denmark meets: The second meeting of All.Can Denmark took place on December 8
All.Can Denmark was officially launched in September 2020. Watch a short film explaining the purpose of All.Can Denmark.
The All.Can initiative is made up of leading representatives of patient organizations, policymakers, healthcare professionals, science and industry. All the publications produced as part of this initiative reflect a consensus of All.Can members, who retain full editorial control.
The work of All.Can Denmark is sponsored by Bristol Myers Squibb and MSD. The funding supports activities that the multi-stakeholder group finds valuable in their efforts. Furthermore, the funding supports the secretariat function, e.g., data collection, preparation and facilitation of network meetings, and coordination with the multi-stakeholder group, led by LEAD Agency.
Members of the network do not receive any kind of honorariums, and decisions and recommendations in the group are made without considering commercial interests.
All.Can is a registered trade mark of All.Can International.