Established as a formal legal entity in Belgium in 2020, All.Can International ASBL (Reg. no. 0746.638.692) is an international multi-stakeholder not-for-profit organisation working to improve the efficiency of cancer care by focusing on what matters to patients.
Our office address is All.Can Secretariat p/a Interel Association Management, Rue du Luxembourg 22-24, 1000 Brussels, Belgium. You can contact us by post at the above address, by email at email@example.com
We are not required to have a data protection officer, so any enquiries about our use of your personal data should be addressed to the contact details above.
Why do we collect your information?
In order to fulfil its purpose and deliver value to its members, All.Can International collects and processes certain information from its members, partners, business contacts, collaborators, event delegates and other stakeholders in the field of activity of All.Can International. We collect this information for contractual reasons (i.e. of members and suppliers), or to fulfil our legitimate interest of the association.
We are committed to handling personal data in compliance with applicable data protection laws, including as of 25 May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). In particular, All.Can commits to only collecting and processing personal data that is: processed fairly, in a transparent way and based on valid legal grounds; obtained for specific lawful purposes; adequate, relevant and not excessive; accurate and kept up to date; not held for longer than necessary; protected in appropriate ways and not transferred outside of the European Economic Area, unless adequate protective measures are in place.
All.Can is also committed to protect all personal data it processes and has to that end deployed adequate organisational and technical measures, including encryption and data classification, to prevent data breaches.
What personal data do we collect?
All.Can International may collect the following categories of personal data to the extent necessary to achieve the purposes of the association:
- Contact data, such as email address, telephone number, postal address;
- Identification data, such as first name, name, pictures, photographs;
- Personal information, such as age, date of birth, gender, marital status, citizenship;
- Financial data, such as bank account details or credit card information;
- Browsing information, such as IP address, session time; Other data that you have provided while contacting us.
We may also collect the following other information that does not reveal your identity or does not relate directly to you or any other individual:
- For marketing purposes and to improve our Websites and services, we also collect data sent by your web browser, e.g., information about your browser, your IP address, and your operating system, as aforementioned.
- In some circumstances, we also collect and process special categories of data, such as .
- In most instances, we collect personal data directly from the Data Subject, but we may sometimes obtain Personal Data from third parties (such as the Data Subject’s employer or from a public authority).
In which ways do we collect personal data?
We collect the information outlined above from various sources:
- When you respond to our email notices
- When you participate in one of our surveys
- When you attend one of our events
- When you provide us with your business cards
- When you write to us
- When you complete the Contact Form on the website
- When you provide us with information orally
As part of its general mission, All.Can International processes personal data for the following purposes:
- For membership administration and support:Can International has legitimate interests in the processing of personal data of its individual members as well as of the contact persons at All.Can International’s member organisations for the purpose of administering the membership and offering membership services. All.Can International is also bound by Belgian Company Law obligations with respect to the organisation of general assemblies and boards of directors meetings
- For contract management purposes:Can International has legitimate interests in the processing of personal data of member representatives to collect membership fees, as well as those of representatives and contact persons of entities and associations with which All.Can International conducts business (e.g. with respect to services agreements, consultancy agreements, research agreements, partnership agreements, procurement agreements).
Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to provide us with services such as website hosting, newsletter mailing, email delivery, and other similar services.
In addition, we may use or disclose Personal Information if it is necessary: (1) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (2) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (3) to comply with court orders and other legal processes; (4) to pursue available remedies or limit damages we may sustain; or (5) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates. When third parties no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with All.Can International procedures. Sensitive personal data will be passed onto a third party once All.Can International has obtained consent, unless All.Can is legally required to do otherwise.
- For engagement purposes:Can International has legitimate interests in the processing of personal data of individuals and organisations that are not affiliated to All.Can as members, but have expressed an interest in All.Can’s mission and activities and wish to be kept informed via newsletters and mailings.
- For website administration purposes: All.Can International processes identification data from individuals who register themselves on the All.Can International website and give their express consent to receive newsletters, and information from All.Can International, as well as share information on initiatives that identify and tackle some form of inefficiency in cancer care via the All.Can Efficiency Hub Submission.
- For public relations purposes: Can International processes contact details of relevant stakeholders in policy and public affairs for the purpose of advocating for All.Can’s mission on behalf of its members.
- For organising events and meetings: Can International processes identification details of individuals who register to participate in events and meetings organised by All.Can International for the purpose of managing the registration and participation in such events.
How long do we keep personal data?
All.Can International will only keep personal data for the time that is strictly necessary to achieve the purpose(s) for which it was collected, e.g. for the duration of a contractual relationship or of a project, and for a period thereafter if so required by applicable law or if in the primary interests of the data subjects.
How do we secure your data?
We endeavour to protect all personal data in accordance with data protection laws. We ensure that appropriate security measures are taken against unlawful or unauthorised use of your personal information, and against the accidental loss of, or damage to, such information.
With regards to online information security, the registration processes on All.Can International website may involve you giving a password and account designation. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and account and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree to (a) immediately notify All.Can International of any unauthorised use of your password or account and any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. We cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this obligation.
Our employees are provided with context-specific access to our systems and servers and your Personal Data are subject to contractual obligations to access and use your Personal Data only as required to deliver Services to you.
Do we disclose your data?
The information you provide to us will be stored on safe servers located in the European Union, or in locations expressly covered by GDPR-compliant agreements (e.g. by the EU-US privacy shield) by us or our GDPR compliant data processors.
We may pass your Personal Information on to third-party service providers contracted to All.Can International in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to provide us with services such as website hosting, newsletter mailing, email delivery, and other similar services. In addition, we may use or disclose Personal Information if it is necessary: (1) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (2) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (3) to comply with court orders and other legal processes; (4) to pursue available remedies or limit damages we may sustain; or (5) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates.
When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with All.Can International procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
Your rights as a data subject
By law, you can ask us what information we hold about you, and you can ask us to correct it if it is inaccurate.
- If we have asked for your consent to process your personal data, you may withdraw that consent at any time.
- If we are processing your personal data for reasons of consent or to fulfil a contract, you can ask us to give you a copy of the information in a machine-readable format so that you can transfer it to another provider.
- If we are processing your personal data for reasons of consent or legitimate interest, you can request that your data be erased.
- You have the right to ask us to stop using your information for a period of time if you believe we are not doing so lawfully.
- Finally, in some circumstances you can ask us not to reach decisions affecting you using automated processing or profiling.
To submit a request regarding your personal data by contracting All.Can International, as data controller, at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please note that we may require prove of identity in order to process your request.
Individuals will not be charged for subject access requests, except if the requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive (e.g. repetitive). In such case, we may charge a reasonable fee or refuse to act on the request.
Your right to complain
If you have a complaint about our use of your information, we would prefer you to contact us directly via email@example.com in the first instance so that we can address your complaint. However, you can also contact the Belgian Data Protection Authority via their website https://www.privacycommission.be/en or write to them at: Commission for the Protection of Privacy – Rue de la Presse 35, 1000 Brussels.
Our cookies policy
We use a number of different cookies on our site. If you do not know what cookies are, or how to control or delete them, then we recommend you visit http://www.aboutcookies.org for detailed guidance.
The list below describes the cookies we use on this site and what we use them for. Currently we operate an ‘implied consent’ policy which means that we assume you are happy with this usage. If you are not happy, then you should either not use this site, or you should delete the cookies having visited the site, or you should browse the site using your browser’s anonymous usage setting (called ‘Incognito’ in Chrome, ‘InPrivate’ in Internet Explorer, ‘Private Browsing’ in Firefox and Safari etc.)
These are cookies that are set by this website directly.
You can find out more about Google’s position on privacy as regards its analytics service here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en
WordPress: Our websites runs the popular WordPress CMS and cookies are used to store basic data on your interactions with WordPress, and whether you have logged into WordPress. We use a session cookie to remember your log-in for you if you are a registered user and we deem these as being strictly necessary to the working of the website. If these are disabled then various functionality on the site will be broken.
More information on session cookies and what they are used for can be found here: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/cookies/session-cookies-used-for.html
When you fill in a form or provide your details on our website, you may see one or more tick boxes allowing you to opt-in to receive communications from us by email, telephone, text message or post.
If you have agreed that we can use your information for these purposes and then change your mind, you can:
- send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org asking to be removed from our marketing list
- (in the case of email communications) click on the ‘unsubscribe’ link on any email itself.
Links from our site
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of websites outside the all-can.org domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy, so ensure that you read the privacy polices of any other websites fully.
Last updated October 2020